Development Predictions for the Next Five Years
InfoWorld has put together a list of twelve predictions for development industry for the next five years. Their list includes the following:
- GPUs will be the next CPUs.
- Databases will perform increasingly sophisticated analysis.
- Android on every device.
- The Internet of Things—more platforms than ever.
- Open source will find new ways to squeeze us.
- WordPress Web apps will abound.
- Plug-ins will replace full-fledged programs.
- Long live the command line.
- Dumbing it down will fail.
- Outsourcing and insourcing will remain deadlocked.
- Management will continue to misunderstand coders and coding.