Developers Reflect on Steve Jobs
Numerous developers have been paying their respects to former Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Here are some noteworthy remembrances:
- "Apple cannot replace him, and I don't think that they should try. He was a messiah." -- James Gosling, creator of Java
- "He recognized that technology was art, and that developers were artists -- that hardware and software were not just intellectual exercises for 'techies' but should be visceral expressions of that passion." -- Jim Jagielski, co-founder of the Apache Software Foundation
- "He gave developers a masterpiece to aspire to. No longer was it okay to ship something with bad design." -- Prashant Sridharan, vice president of Corensic
- "His passion for simplicity, elegance, and beauty -- even in the invisible -- was and is an inspiration for all software developers." -- Grady Booch, co-creator of the Unified Modeling Language
- "He showed us that building great software wasn't enough; you also had to improve the lives of the user." -- Theo Schlossnagle, CEO of OmniTI
Originally published on http://www.developer.com.