Atap Projects On Display at I/O
During its I/O developer conference, Google showed off a number of technologies under development by its Advanced Technology and Projects (Atap) division. They included the following:
- Project Jacquard: Working with Levi's, Google is developing smart fabrics that will allow you to control your smartphone, TV or other devices by touching your jeans or other clothing.
- Project Soli: These very small radar sensors allow users to control devices by waving their hands in the air.
- Project Abacus: This project aims to eliminate the password and replace it by identifying people based on the way they type and interact with their devices.
- Project Tango: This previously announced project to bring depth sensing and virtual reality to smartphones will come to devices through a partnership with Qualcomm.
- Project Ara: Also previously announced, the Ara modular smartphone now has a working prototype.