Apple Unveils iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
At a press event on Wednesday, Apple unveiled the latest iterations of its smartphone: the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Here are the key takeaways from the event from a mobile development perspective:
- Apple users have downloaded apps from the App Store more than 140 billion times.
- App Store downloads are up 106 percent in the last two months, likely due to Pokémon Go.
- The new iPhones offer about two hours more battery life and use faster processors that consume less power. They also have dual rear-facing cameras and no headphone jack. They are dust- and water-resistant, and the home button is now a touch surface.
- The Apple Watch 2 is now water-resistant, and there will be more health features in watchOS 3. It's also getting Pokémon Go.
- The company is releasing iOS 10 and watchOS 3 on Sept. 13; macOS Sierra will launch Sept. 20.
- Nintendo is releasing a Super Mario game for the iPhone.