Android In-App Purchases Climb 700%
During a Google I/O session on how to make money on Android, the company revealed a few statistics that should be of interest to the mobile development industry:
- In-app purchase revenue from Google Play has risen by 700 percent in the last year.
- Subscription revenue for Google Play is doubling each quarter.
- Tablet users are 1.7 times more likely to buy things in apps than smartphone users.
- Updated apps that take advantage of the latest Android features earn 2.2 times more than older apps.
- Average revenue per Android user is up 250 percent since last year.