11 Problems with HTML5
HTML5 offers Web developers the opportunity to add a lot of new features to their Web apps, but this article argues that the technology isn't as great as its supporters claim. It lists 11 "hard truths" about HTML5:
- Security is a nightmare.
- Local data storage is limited
- Local data can be manipulated.
- Offline apps are a nightmare to sync.
- The cloud owes you nothing.
- Forced upgrades aren't for everyone.
- Web Workers offer no prioritization.
- Format incompatibilities abound.
- Implementations are browser-dependent.
- Hardware idiosyncracies bring new challenges.
- Politics as usual.
Originally published on http://www.developer.com.